Friday 27 May 2011

TIME IS TICKING; make every second count


Hello again everyone; its been a hectic days with this and that and also several ministry traveling last week and finally i got some time out to write; im writing the notes in Bogor City (the city of my husband and his family). This city has been always our transit city before ministering in Jakarta. And wow, you have no idea how much i want to tell you my whole story, my whole experience, and my whole thing these days.

Being in two different island in one day, being in many different places in one week, and doing great things are what satisfied me these weeks. I realized time is ticking, so i want to make the very best in my every time, and i've been re-prioritize my priorities since then.

Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. Psalm 90:12

Ajarlah kami menghitung hari-hari kami sedemikian, hingga kami beroleh hati yang bijaksana. Mazmur 90:12


I don’t really care about what I do until I was almost 30, and then after 30 I begin to really care about what I should do and what I shouldn’t. And now being almost 32 is so hilarious but its not always easy, especially when you realized that you still need a lot of thing to do, a lot works to do. I tend to have a different mindset and a different focus; because im kind of thinking that im running out time here and don’t wanna waste each second. I even am imagining me walking with a ticking clock on my forehead. …. and yeah i know its kinda freaky.


I don’t know at what age David prayed God to teach him to number his days; but that’s what I need, that’s what we need nowadays. But Moses also prayed this prayer one time in the bible, and I’m sure we should do this too.

There are 365 days in a year, and its 8760 hours in a year. God gave us this precious gift to each one of us everyday: 24 hour a day to live. You know, TIME IS SO PRECIOUS! TIME IS MORE THAN MONEY! (Because we cant buy time with our money). Time is the most expensive thing in our lives. How we treat our times shows how rich we are.


a. Time is a gift from God; that we should use our time wisely and multiply it.

How you use your time in your daily lives reflects how grateful you are to the Giver. We value our time by doing the best we can do in this time we have. We value our time by using our time to impact this world we live in and even better impacting the eternity. Good news that We can multiply our time by multiplying ourselves. I have a beautiful assistance that helps me to do everything I need to do. She’s very good, fast, and the most important: she’s single! All the man, you should consider her yet you should pass me first to get her. LOL. I multiply my times by multiplying myself to her – and the result is: I got the works done and I can even do double things at the same time.


b. Time is the greatest gift we can give to others (mostly to GOD)

People tend to look for the most expensive one regarding giving a gift – but for me “YOUR TIME” is the greatest give you can give to someone else. When you give money to others, you can still get another money another day, but when you give your time, you would never return that time. Soon your today become yesterday, and in a short time, this year will become the old days. You will not get another time another day; because today is only happens once.

When you give your time to somebody, you are telling somebody that he/she is very important, you are telling him/her that you’re focusing your life, your attention, your mind, your heart to him/her. Never underestimate your conversation with somebody – and count each second to be the most memorable moments with that person, because those times would never return. Dont waste your time in silent mode when its time for you to speak up.


Now, it’s a good thing to evaluate your day; since it’s a gift from God – how have you been using your time these lately? Have you been ‘hiding your gift (time)’ and just to keep it for yourself – how about the idea of multiplying your time? And since it’s a greatest gift that you can give to others (and mostly to GOD) – some of you might thinking about giving the big amount of money each month for the church, but let me tell you something: the church might use your money, but God doesn’t need your money, He wants you (your time). Have you tithe your time? Have you give your time to talk to God, or even to listen to Him, or even better to give yourself in the ministry? Because im sure you still have some time to do that.


Time is precious, time is short, and tomorrow isn’t promised. It means that no one know when our life is going to end even though our life are fix before God. The Devil is in their best shape and strategy nowadays: They're not hiding the truth, they're not even scares us and bring us straight to hell. What they do then? THEY SLOW US DOWN. They will say "No need to hurry, you still have so much time". So peeps, Don’t hide your time but give your time (not for yourself only) as long as you can and as long as you have for God and for people. Don’t delay any important things, the essential things, get your priorities in order, be fast and have faith!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow... this note really blessed me, Ps. Essly!!

Thanks for sharing your experience and wisdom that God has given to you.. Thanks for your encouragement!!

Keep writing and be blessing more and more!

James Henoch said...

I agree 1000%! haha
It always inspiring me to go from one level to the next level.

God be in your mind to speak up and tell people the truth about God!

LOVIN' IT!

Essly The said...

wow.. philip and james, its my privilege to be a blessing. thanks for the comment and thanks for your time. :)